- Access Description
- Test and Application Centre for Characterisation of EH sources, generators & systems on vehicles and large machinery.
With access to a one-of-a-kind testing infrastructure we can offer you an environment for developing and testing new energy harvesting applications. There is a large building and also an outdoor area (with own track and containers) for testing new energy harvesting technologies on large objects and vehicles.
- Technical Offering
- Measurement and recording of light, thermal gradients, vibration in any kind of larger objects (like vehicles, machinery, persons, etc.)
- Measurement and recording of power output of any kind of energy harvesting systems at larger objects (like solar cells, thermoelectric generators, vibration harvesters) in working environment
- Main Equipment
- The Test and Application Center L.I.N.K. offers the ideal combination of technical environment and true-to-life application-oriented test conditions to evaluate technologies and novel services
- The test center has an indoor area of 1,400 m2 and an outdoor space of 10,000 m2 with a circuit for trucks and a 100 m long test road
- This facility enables the set-up and testing of real world IoT applications even at huge form factor objects like large machineries, engines, vehicles, trucks and freight containers in indoor or outdoor environments
- The building itself offers the possibility to test home automation and structural health monitoring scenarios with IoT devices
- The facility offers also the possibility to characterize and evaluate self-powered tracking systems for indoor and outdoor environments.
- Typical applications
- Characterization of vibrations on a car or truck while moving along the test track. Investigation of thermal gradients can run on a machine in real-life conditions.
- Jasmin Specht
- Indoor area of 1,400 m2
- Surrounding gallery for the attachment of wireless systems
- Complete IT infrastructure
- 10,000 m2 of space outside
- 100 meter test run
- Truck with different containers
- Loading rams